vrijdag 25 oktober 2013

"People haven't always been there for me, but music always has."

Hello everyone

I've already written two posts about music, and I thought it was fun to do. That's why I was thinking of doing this kind of posts more regularly. And again, this post is also about music.

The title explains quite good why I love music. When I'm going through a tough time or when I'm upset, music is there. When I'm happy and just want a song to sing to, music is there for me. However I am feeling, no matter what time, what place, music is there to keep me company. That's what I think, is the most amazing part.

I have to say, I'm not quite the singer. Not at all, actually. If I start singing, you better not be near me, or you'll  have a chance of becoming deaf. That's why I have respect for most of the singers. I say "most" because, there are just some people who I can't stand. That might be 'cause they're just not good, or they have this huge ego, which would drive me insane... You know what I mean?

With me it's not only one person or group I like, I don't like to listen to one person all the time. If you do that, you'll only end up being fed up by their music, and that's not what we want, is it? Now, with me, it all comes in phases. When I was younger, I liked the High School Musical films, and with like, I mean that I was obsessed. It seems quite crazy now and a bit over the top. But I was one of those thousands of girls who were in love with Zac Efron. I liked those films more for the songs than for the storyline, because that one was really cheesy, but hey what did you expect? It's a Disney-film.


Then, when I was about 13 or 14, I started to like Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Jason Derulo... I'm not really into Taylor anymore, but Demi is still my favorite. I think I told you that so many times before, so I'm sorry if I'm annoying you right now, I'm not doing it on purpose. After that phase, Pink, Beyonce, Lady Gaga came around. They are great singers and I still think they're really good. Anyway, then came The Script, Bruno Mars of course One Direction and Little Mix.

As I said earlier, I don't listen to only one artist at the time. Throughout those phases, I listened to others as well. It's fun to have more singers or groups you like, so you can choose what you listen to, which comes very handy.

I do have favorites every week, and I'll share them with you right now.

First up we have One Direction's new single Story of my life. The song is the second single from their new album Midnight Memories which will be released on November 25th. It was released only four hours ago, and I just can't believe how perfect it is. I'm not saying this because I'm a Directioner (or maybe I am, just a bit), but it really is good. It's totally different than the songs on their previous albums, but it's a good difference. So, it might be great if you'd go and check it out.

Then we have Little Mix's new song Move. The musicvideo came out today, and it's all too much to handle. Just kidding, but it is really fun. So it's the first single from their second album which is called Salute and will be released on the 11th of November.
And also Jason Derulo's Marry Me is a song I can appreciate these days. It's from his latest album Tattoos. I always have been a fan of Jason Derulo, although he's not the best singer. But his songs are just really good and catchy, and isn't that one of the most important things that makes a song good?

So, that was a bit more about my opinion about music and my favorite songs at the moment . I hope you liked it, and if you want me to do more posts like these, let me know.
We'll see you next time!

-P.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten