donderdag 7 november 2013

Get to know this Artist #1: Plumb



 Hi guys!


Today I want you to get to know a really good artist called Plumb. Maybe this name is familiar to you, maybe not... probably not. It depends where you live, I guess. Anyway, in my opinion this artist is just too great. This post is for those who never heard of her before.


‘Plumb’ is the stage name Tiffany Arbuckle Lee gave herself. She started in a band which she was in for a few years. In 2000 she wanted to leave the music industry but a letter from a fan changed her mind and inspired her to continue as a solo artist.



The first time I heard one of her songs, it was on the background of an episode of The Vampire Diaries, I immediately loved her voice so much. After searching for more songs of her, I completely fell in love with her music; I became a fan.
This song was used in TVD: 



 Every song she writes has a meaning. The lyrics are all inspired by different things she or other people went through. Her newest album was renamed from ‘Faster than a Bullet’ to ‘Need You Know’ in honour of the victims and families of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting for example. This makes this artist so special to me and to a lot of people out there. She creates real music.
One of the songs on the newest album called 'I Want You Here'

 

The lyrics are sometimes Christian-related. Here in Belgium we’re not that Christian like in the US or other countries. But for some kind of reason I even like those songs too, because once again, there’s a meaning behind every single word. 


Many different genres are to find as well, such as alternative rock, dance, electronica, pop, soft rock, and so on. Compare these songs and you’ll know what I’m trying to say here. 


 One of the songs she performed while still being in the band. I prefer the solo-songs.

A beautiful song from the album ‘Chaotic’ called 'Bittersweet'

‘Blink’ a whole other genre

 This song makes me feel so happy and in love



She has so many beautiful songs and so different from one another, which makes it easier for me to listen to this music over and over again the whole day long. You can’t say this with all artists. 


So I hope you enjoyed this first get to know the artist post and you liked the music. If you want to hear more from Plumb go check out her official channel on Youtube.  


We’ll see you next time!

-G

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten