woensdag 6 november 2013

Typical Belgium



Hi guys!

The most of you probably already know this, but the three of us live in Belgium. A little country in Europe. You may or may not know a bit, or even quite a bit, about it. Either way, here are some typical Belgian things.

Now, first of: French fries. This one is killing me, okeay? Let's just say, fries were not invented by the French, but found its origine in our minuscule country. Then why call them French fries? I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. Just call them Belgian fries. Thank you! :D




Rainy days. We have quite some days when it can't stop raining. In fact, it's raining at the moment! Speaking of coincidence! Anyway, let's say 250 out of 365 days, are filled with rain. But for me, rain isn't  that bad, I find it quite cozay, actually. Yeah, I have to admit, I like it a lot less when I have to go through it. So, some mixed feelings there.

Then we have, of course, chocolate. God, I love chocolate. Too bad M&M's weren't invented by some Belgian people, I would love my country so much more. :D


Weird statues. Yup, that would be Belgium. In Brussels we have the Atomium. Just nine balls, up in the air. Or Manneke Pis, which would be Boy Pee or something like that, in English. But hey, a lot of people seem to like those amazing works of art, so I've got no problems with it.


Apparently, we like food. Although, I don't perticulary like this one. Brussels sprouts, nobody really likes them, but they're famous anyway. They're not that bad, but they never were my favorite kind of food, they aren't right now, and they probably will never be.


More food! These Luikse wafels also known as Gaufre de Liège or sugar waffles, are the best waffles in the entire world. They are filled with little pieces of sugar, which makes it even more delicious.

That was a little bit more about the tiny country we live in.
We'll see you next time!

-P.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten