zaterdag 16 november 2013

"I know girls..."


Hello everyone

Today, I came across a lovely song that has so much meaning, such a beautiful message behind it, and I just wanted to share it with you guys. Maybe you've already heard of it, but anyway.

This song is called I know girls (bodylove), and is sung by Mary Lambert, a 23-year-old singer. If I say that she's had a tough time growing up and didn't have the easiest childhood, that would be an understatement. She was abused when she was a child, and to describe herself she said: "Ending up being a depressed eight-year-old." For many years, Mary Lambert struggled with her sexuality, although she came out as a lesbian when she was 17.

You may know her as the singer and songwriter of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' song Same Love, a song about gay rights.  The song I know girls isn't about that topic though, it's about hating yourself, hurting yourself, not feeling pretty, not feeling good enough... And I think everybody feels that way some times. Feeling that nobody loves you, that you're not wanted. And I'll admit it, I do feel like that some times. I don't want to be pathetic, and believe me, I'm not screaming for attention here. But just think about it, don't you feel like that now and then?

I'm going to leave you with this, and Mary Lambert's live performance of the song. I hope you'll understand why I love it that much. And remember, you all are perfect the way you are. Don't change for somebody else, please don't hurt yourself anylonger, just be you, be happy, feel pretty because you ARE pretty. I know it's easy to say, but I'm just telling you the truth. Stay strong.


-P.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten